Friday, February 20, 2009

Just a quickie about TV

Today being Friday is my favorite day of the week. In just a few minutes I will be headed off to the best Mexican take-out we know of, Ooba's Mexican Grille. Tacos to go! Yummy. Then I will bring them home and Kathleen will have a margarita ready and we will sit down in front of the TV and watch one of our favorite comedies we have saved from early in the week on TiVo. Usually that's The Big Bang Theory (Monday nights on CBS at 8:00--check it out) but if it's a rerun, it's My Name is Earl (Thursday nights on NBC at 8:00). Then Burn Notice (USA network) which is my current favorite show (not the best show on TV, just my current favorite) followed by Leverage (the last show of the season but it has been excellent) and finally Life (Wednesday nights on NBC, unfortunately opposite Lost).

Yes, we watch too much TV but most of the time we do other things while it is on. We have two kinds of shows. The ones we watch for plot and the ones we watch for characters. All of tonight's shows that I have mentioned so far are plot shows. They have outstanding stories and characters that we love as well. Character shows have great characters but the plots are pretty much, well, boring. Examples for me include House (I love Hugh Lawrie and most of the cast but the plots are pretty much the same every week), NCIS, CSI, etc. 

If it's a character show, we will probably watch it while we surf the web but there's not a lot of surfing tonight until the last one is over. Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment