Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Cruising Pet Peeve

I have made it pretty clear that we are cruisers. It's our favorite way to travel. It has so many advantages for us. We meet great people, we go to fun places (we like the Med), we only have to unpack once and our hotel moves while we sleep. If you haven't tried it, you should. 

One of the things that makes cruising so great for us is Cruise Critic. I mentioned it the other day in my friends post. On Cruise Critic besides the general cruise-related threads there are also what are called roll calls for each individual cruise. That's where you make the long time friendships that we love. On our last four cruises I have put done a website for the cruise. People send pictures and bios and I put them online so that we can all see what we look like and learn a little bit about each other. You can see the one for our current cruise by clicking here.

Now to my pet peeve. When people who have signed into a roll call decide not to take the cruise I sure wish they would go back to the roll call and say something like, "Sorry, we aren't going to be able to cruise with you folks." But no! They just disappear without a word. I consider that really rude. People, cruise or other online threads, don't join something and then quit without a word. 

That's all. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment