Thursday, August 26, 2010

Things get better...at last

Tonight we have most of our house back. We got the kitchen back this afternoon. We actually got to eat dinner at home. I cannot tell you how great it was to sit at our own counter and eat dinner.

Kathleen just complained that she is "freezing." Last night at this time it was in the mid-eighties. Right now it is 57. I can't tell you how great it is to have the temperature be my age. It is wonderful.

Just before Kathleen got home Joel came down stairs and said that he and John were going to get coffee while the first coat of purple in our bedroom was drying before they put on the second coat. He said they were done with everything in the kitchen. Words cannot describe how happy I got. When Kathleen got home we put the kitchen back together in no time at all, ate dinner and I brought up the first of the door pictures for the dining room and they are all on the wall now. YAHOO!

Tomorrow Joel says he will be back and finish up in under an hour. That means at that point we will have the entire house back! I am thrilled. We aren't done completely yet but we are really close. On Monday two things are happening. One, someone is coming to install flooring in the downstairs and master bathrooms. Then the window washers show up and wash all our windows, inside and out as well as our screens.

Then Tuesday is the final day of the big redo. The carpet people show up early in the morning and are supposed to be done by the end of the day. And then we get our house back completely. I want to say this though. After all this if we ever have our house painted again (on the inside) I would pack up and go on vacation. Sharing the house with painters is something that one should never do. And I say that about painters I really like. Joel, Amy, John and the rest of their crew are the nicest people ever but I told them this afternoon, I am thrilled to death that they are almost done and gone. But it looks great. And I am glad we did it. Just thrilled they are 99% done.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you should try a 6 month remodel: http://members.cox.net/sjctalls2/remodel.htm

    I am not sure what was worst, the Kitchen in the garage or the week with our bedroom windows gone and openings covered in plywood... a tomb. Not a bit og sunlight and no breeze.

    ReplyDelete