Saturday, August 28, 2010

Its so nice...


Yes, it is so nice. Nice to sleep in our own bed, in our own room. To take a shower in our own bathroom. To eat dinner in our own kitchen. To make my own coffee and drink it in the house alone and by myself. I can't tell you how nice it is.

As I told Joel (Whitaker Painting) when I handed him the check for a paint job incredibly well done, "Don't take this wrong, you guys did a hell of a job, but get the hell out!" I also told him I would be thrilled to be a reference and to talk to people who were considering having him paint their house. I would tell them two things. That they do a wonderful job painting and that if they are smart they (future customers) will do themselves a BIG favor and leave town for two weeks while their house is painted.

Seriously, we loved them and the job they did and we told them we want them back sometime soon to paint the two rooms we didn't do (Bob and Judy's room and their bath). Joel said, "Great. Call us when you are going on a trip." So the message here folks is, "Going to get your house painted---leave town!"

Today is all about rehanging pictures, bringing furniture back in and getting ready for the flooring folks this coming week...and our 11 wedding anniversary. Can't believe it's been 11 wonderful years. And this is also the anniversary (today) of our original Martini Mates cruise where we met all our best friends and both (or maybe all three) of my readers. Happy anniversary everyone! And especially to my sweetie.

1 comment:

  1. Ok then why wasn't our room and Br painted last weekend ..you were away ? :)

    ReplyDelete