Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's Christmas Event Day


Tonight is one of the few nights a year that I get to see all my children and Kathleen's children at one time. About five years ago I stopped giving anyone in our immediate family (that would include myself, Kathleen, her daughter Michelle, Michelle's husband Brian, my son Josh, my daughter Jenna and her husband Joel) things as Christmas gifts. Instead I started giving them events. 

The first year we wall went to see the touring company of the Broadway show The Lion King. The next year it was Teatro Zinzanni (more about that later), the next it was The Blue Man Group who were touring in Everett and last year the Christmas event didn't happen until late April when Cirque de Soleil came to town. 

This year we are going back to Teatro Zinzanni. If you have never heard of it, think of a cross between Cirque de Soleil, Moulin Rouge and a great dinner. If you get hooked into joining the show, it also has a touch of public humiliation. 

The dinner is done by my favorite restauranteur, Tom Douglas. His food is outstanding. And I know we will have an excellent time and a great dinner. I promise a report tomorrow. Maybe not a full report, but a report, none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment