Friday, August 20, 2010

Out of the house/office again

On Wednesday when they painted the trim I had to be out of the office/house for about four hours. Today they are doing the walls. Two of the crew gotthere very early (for them) and started taping. Yesterday when I had asked Joel what time I would need to be out by, he said sometime after noon. Well about 10:30 this morning he announces that I will need to be out within a half an hour. Thankfully I had most everything I needed to do done so I was able to leave.

As I left the house I told both Joel and John to PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE make sure that they plugged our router back in as soon as they painted the loft. I have an account at logmein.com that allows me to access my office Macs and get some work done on them from a remote location with my laptop. On Wednesday they had pulled the plug on the router and forgotten to put it back in so when I was trying to pull files from my office Macs, they showed they were offline.

So today I asked them to make absolutely sure that as soon as they painted that room that they plugged the router back in (when you do, it starts up immediately on its own) but as you can see from the screen shot below, it has now been more than four hours since the network went down and it still is not plugged in. To say that I am ticked is a HUGE UNDERSTATEMENT!

I fully realize that they are trying to do the best job painting that they can do (and the work they have done so far is OUTSTANDING) but it's such a little thing, plugging that back in and it means I can get some more work done that it just drives me NUTS!

Later Note: When we got home I found that they had plugged in the router. Into the wrong socket. There are two sockets on that particular plug. The bottom one, where it was plugged in before works great. The top one (where they plugged it back in) is controlled by a switch on the other side of the room. They didn't know.

Tomorrow is Saturday and we have now been told that Joel and Amy will be up to finish up a few things and take down some additional masking that they can't remove before they leave today. After that we have until early Monday morning to switch the house over from one side to the other. On Sunday Josh will come over and we will move the furniture from where it is stacked in the breakfast nook back into the living room. And we will move everything out of the nook and the kitchen into the dining room. Upstairs we will move out of our bedroom and bathroom into Bob and Judy's room and bath and store the rest of our furniture in the loft. So next week they will paint the nook/kitchen and our bedroom so the truth is, we are probably about 60% done at this point.

One good thing that will happen this weekend is that we have decided to celebrate our anniversary a week early and are going out to Seastar in Bellevue and spending a paint fume free night at the Hyatt in Bellevue. We would have gone into Seattle but the 520 bridge is closed for maintenance this weekend and we decided staying in Bellevue was a better bet. Besides we got an extraordinary deal on Hotwire for the Hyatt. Looking forward to that. An evening to just be away from the house before we go move furniture.




No comments:

Post a Comment