Monday, December 28, 2009

TSA and knee jerk reactions

Here we go again. New TSA regulations after the moron from Algeria tries to blow up a plane with a bomb in his underwear.

How long will these new asinine rules last? Supposedly if you are flying into the US you cannot have anything on your lap. What will that accomplish? If a terrorist wants to blow up a plane, they can do it any old time they want to. I just love that TSA reacts to every thing (both major and minor) in the least logical way possible.

Here's some smarter ideas. How about banning anyone who is not a US citizen who has been in a country that allows terrorist training in the last two years from flying into the US? That would include such super countries as Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, etc. Really. I know--racial profiling (or some such drivel) but folks, it's time we just said no to anyone coming into the US who has recently been in a country where we know they are training terrorists.

Or how about this? How about if someone is able to get through security at any foreign airport (like Algeria or The Netherlands) we immediately deny any planes from that airport from landing in the US for like, I don't know, two years? I bet know one gets through those airports then. I bet there is no way that guy could have made it through security at Heathrow for instance.

And just so I can't be accused of these being my own "knee jerk reactions" let's announce these things now and then they will be proactive and not reactive.

And do they really think this moron on Christmas waited until the plane was almost landing so he could blow it up? He was just scared and trying to wait as long as he could to kill himself. He was working up to offing himself. He wanted to be caught. He didn't want to die. He didn't buy into the whole 27 virgin thing. If he really wanted to kill the maximum people he would have blown himself up over the middle of the Atlantic.

And I am a little worried about what might happen next. Since the last bomber guy hid his bomb in his shoes and we now have to take off our shoes whenever we go through security what's going to happen now? This guy hid the bomb in his underwear. Yikes. I am not stripping down to my birthday suit to get on an airplane. LOL

Now that I am done laughing out loud let's me just say that this might be funny for me to write but it won't be funny when some power-hungry TSA supervisor decides it's the way to go.

I encourage everyone who reads this to write their congressman and Senators to encourage them to pull in the reins of Homeland Security and the TSA. Stop the knee jerk reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment