Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Another tale of crappy service by Chaplin's VW

Well, it's been almost a week since my car was in the shop and we are still having fallout from the wonderful job done by the folks at Chaplin's VW. Besides the 20,000 mile service that I took my car in for, my Sirius satellite radio had also gone out. It was still under warranty so they removed the radio module and put a new one in. That's fine. Good deal. Except for one small problem. When they did that, they had to call Sirius and deactivate my radio and then reactivate the new one. They almost got this right but not quite.

It seems that the same year I got my car, I bought Kathleen Sirius radio as well. She liked mine so much, it was the perfect birthday present. Well without checking at all, Chaplin's deactivated her Sirius radio and left the one they pulled out of my Eos activated. So yesterday, I got to spend about an hour on the phone with Sirius tech support trying to figure out why her radio wouldn't work. The Sirius tech support guy was wonderful and worked with me the whole time until we finally figured out that they had deactivated her radio to activate my new one. So besides losing the hour of my life to figure this out (oh, he had me pushing all kinds of buttons) I may have to pay an activation fee of $25 to reactivate my wife's radio that never should have been activated. How much fun is that?

All in all, it's just another fine service of Chaplin's VW. (PLEASE NOTE THE MASSIVE AMOUNT OF SARCASM IN THIS LINE!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Do I sense a change in this very personal blog to that of a very "Consumer beWare" type of mission.
    "J.B." Seattle's very own watch dog.
    Maybe your next "Vocation" to enhance your vacations.??

    ReplyDelete