Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Inn at Langley Follow up

If you read my original review/critique of our 10th anniversary weekend at The Inn at Langley I wanted to follow up. I received both a comment on my blog as well as an e-mail from Tom Costello, the extraordinary chef and general manager at the inn. Tom fully refunded our two night stay. We were flabbergasted. A manager who actually puts his money where his mouth is.

And we didn't ask for that at all. I originally wrote the previous post just to warn others that even though The Inn at Langley has beautiful views and an outstanding restaurant it was not the four or five star inn it used to be.

Tom's comment states that they are planning on doing a lot of renewal work on the rooms in the coming year. So we are going to take the refund he has given us and put it in savings and come back next summer and try it again. We know we will get an astounding meal and we are sure that if Tom gives the interior of the rooms the same treatment he gives food, it will be outstanding. I promise to write again after we go.


1 comment: